
Knowing Rob had a three-day weekend for Columbus Day and wanting to take advantage of it, I started looking at little mini-vacations. Upon further thought, I realized "We're AT the beach! Where else do we want to go?!?" So, I made reservations at the very exclusive Ft. Awesome Hotel.

Satuday, Rob and I went down to St. Andrews to check out this flea market I'd read about in Frommer's. Well. Not so much. So, we looked around the stores down there and found a great little antique store where we came upon a huge collection of old matchbook covers from hotels around the US and some abroad! What a neat idea! We picked out a few favorites including the Sands in Vegas, the Waldorf Astoria in New York, and the Kemp Hotel in Wichita Falls, among others. I think I'm going to frame them.
After that, we went shopping at the new shopping center in Panama City Beach - Pier Park. We ate lunch at the Hofbrau House, I got the brown peeptoe pumps I'd been looking for all summer, Rob got some pants, and we had ice cream in waffle cones for dessert. It was a great day!
Sunday, after church visiting, we went to the beach on the other side of the town of Mexico Beach (because this beach is one of the few around that allows dogs). You know, I kind of figured a beach area to be a bit more dog friendly. Oh well. Here's some pics from that trip.



Monday, Rob and I took our coffee to-go and went for a walk on Shell Island (that is accessible by foot via a boardwalk on the base!)

It was so wonderful and peaceful! Peaceful up until I realized my phone was no longer in my pocket! Oh no! Yes, I dropped my phone on the beach. Upon retracing our steps, we found it, filled with sand and getting washed with salt water waves. So sad. So... I'll be asking for all your phone numbers soon because the cell phone age makes it where I don't remember any numbers (save for my parents, Rob, and Rebecca Petty).
So that was our little mini-vacation this weekend. So nice. And so close! Keep in touch, everyone! Much love,
McKay
3 comments:
What a great vaca! Btw, I like the new banner- not too much, and you can always change it after a while (I have changed mine about 7 times). Is that Rob or He-Man?
He-man is my favorite! What an awesome banner!
Gorgeous water!! Wow! Hope yall are enjoying Florida!
Post a Comment