Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Church Scouting Mission 2

Okay, before I expound upon our most recent church visitation, I just want to point out the awesome art that Rob has created for our blog. Mom and Dad, if you're getting this via the blog updater - you really need to visit the site and check it out. I worry that it might be a little "too much" you know, so I'd love some comments to gauge the new addition. :-)

So, this past Sunday, we visited St. Andrews Baptist Church - in St. Andrews, FL - I know! I was kind of wondering about the Catholic Baptist church too. The Sunday school was really nice - the people were so sweet and the learning was interesting and applicable. The service was a lot more "baptist" than I've been used to in a long while. There was a huge choir and tons of instruments, an organ (!), pews, a balcony, and all the proper Baptist church setup. My very favorite: the worship leader has a mullet!! And not just the regular type - it's Frasier's baldness on top creeping upon Billy Ray Cyrus' curly locks in the back! Awesome. The message was about faith in God's plan and how it's not always like our plan... hmmm, do you think Rob and I can relate? :-) Just the latest in our church scouting.

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I get your blog updates on google reader so I had to pull up your blog to see the art.... HILARIOUS!! So, it made me laugh out loud and it made me kind of blink, shake my head and look again all at the same time... how's that for an opinion?

mcrawley said...

my reaction when I pulled up the blog proper kinda mirrored Leann's...

A couple of good Church scouting links that I have found helpful and gotten good feedback from exGBCers I have recommended them to:
DTS database of churches with their alumni:
http://www.dts.edu/alumni/findachurch/
Perspectives - churches that host perspectives classes
http://www.perspectives.org/