In the beginning, I unpacked the boxes and reduced the magnitude of cardboard in the garage.
And I saw the light, that it was good and I divided the recyclable materials from the household goods.
The unpacking stage complete (well, mostly), I took on the task of rearranging.
Taking more easily-defined spaces first, the first day I rearranged the shed. I took everything out and used my new shopvac (which I LOVE, by the way!) and sucked up all the spiderwebs and dirt. Then, I put everything back in the shed in a more organized fashion. And I saw that it was good.
The second day, I rearranged the garage (for the second time), moving everything out (everything I could carry, that is!), vacuuming and putting “garage stuff” back in the garage. Of course, there’s still some stuff in there that’s doesn’t “go” in the garage, but it shall find a place one day.
The third day, I attempted the basement. A less-defined space, I only completed the utility room. After emptying and vacuuming, I left laundry room items and dog items, along with sodas and paper towels.
That is where I’ve stopped. The rest of the basement is filled with chaos - without form, and void of awesomeness. Even with my totally nifty (made them MYSELF!) storage cubes (Ana White’s website is wonderful! She makes everything so accessible and simple!), I cannot overcome the chaos.
I have discovered I lack storage in the form of items of furniture. I didn’t know! Apparently, that’s where people put their random items… Anyway, I am almost certain that these cubes are my ticket to organization. I never know what kind of space I’ll be living in next year, so why buy huge wall-covering storage pieces? Well, with these, I can stack them tall, wide (for a bench), make a cube… lots of ideas! And no big wall required! I only made three to start, but if I like them as much as I think I will, I will be making more (maybe some bigger ones to store larger items…).
Anyway, here’s some pics of us using our new table saw and nail gun (SO easy to use!! LOVE it!!). (We are planning building our own kitchen cabinets, thus the woodworking purchases).
2 comments:
Love it! One of Jeff's biggest requests is a table saw, we just had too many things happen at once to make one more big purchase. Someday.
I like the cubes...you can make us some when you re-do our kitchen counters :0)
Post a Comment