So, I don’t think enough people take advantage of the free stuff to do in towns. There’s always something!
Today, I went to Abilene Public Library after teaching my morning yoga class in the ballroom of the Elks Arts Center (sigh of beauty appreciation). I LOVE the library! It’s been a while since I browsed a library (a favorite past-time at Tyndall) and I remembered today how much I love it! After I sauntered through the art and art history section, happy that art exists in the world and local Abilenes can enjoy the collections of the Musee d’Orsay and the works of Michaelangelo, I arrived at my very favorite section of any public library – the “how to” section!
Oh, I do love it! I’m like a kid in a magical candy store gazing with awe and glee over multi-colored gumdrops of home decorating, endless candy cane flavors of furniture-building books, and the artful chocolates and eye-widening baked goods of the cooking section.
So, today I came home with only eight books: Bazaar Style (decorating), The Find (decorating), Domino’s Book of Home Decorating, Main Dish Salads (healthy and tasty!), Chili Nation (cookbook of chili), Total Body Massage (because yea!), Java (webpage code), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Creating a Web Page (just in case I missed something I should know).
I also decided my ficus (McRob, the ficus – yea, it has a name!) needed a little something extra, so I folded some origami cranes and decorated it. I think it’s kinda whimsical and fun – just the way I like my decor!
Our shutter still makes a great weekly menu board – this week is Hawaiian pizza and Polish meatballs – international!
And for fun – here’s some pictures of what’s going on in the garden!
The Tifblues are starting to fruit!
And the Bluecrop is flowering!
The Austin Dewberry is still doing nothing… I don’t know!
And the worms are in!! And totally making dirt! After just a week, we had dirt! Not all dirt, of course, but more than we put in there! So, we added some more compost and are letting them have at it! These worms are so cool!
And Rob replaced my daisies (see compost bin) with these pretty flowers! He’s so wonderful!
1 comment:
I love that Domino style book! It has such great ideas in it!!!!
Also, I'm happy you posted about the library during National Library Week. It made me smile! :D
Post a Comment