The first week of downtown yoga classes went great!!! I had five people at each class (10 different people!) which is just the way I wanted it. I was a little scared of having 10-20 people my first class… I had a wide variety of ages – 20-something to 70! And everyone could do everything in the practice. Very cool! I’ll have to challenge them a little more…
Also wonderful – my downtown classes are mostly experienced yogis, so they have no problem modifying when I offer it or even doing something a little different. I’m educating the Dyess classes to go that way, but their fitness class background makes them think that they’re supposed to “go for it!” and do the “hardest level” when clearly they’re uncomfortable. I am making headway though – they are listening to their bodies more! We do some sun salutations “with your own breath” and they have actually started doing them at their own speed, rather than trying to simply mirror me at all times! It’s a small, but significant victory.
Here’s the Center for Contemporary Arts location (Tuesdays at 5:30) – beautiful, huh? I’m thrilled to involve the very active art scene in Abilene!
And here’s the one I use on Wednesdays at 9:45am! SOOO pretty!
I am learning so much from teaching yoga! I love teaching people to listen to their bodies! I love that they feel great after yoga! It’s a little bit like gardening – you study the plant and get to know “your” garden until you recognize “Oh, this one needs water. Yep, this one loves the sun” etc. It’s awesome!
1 comment:
I like your comparison between plants and bodies. Oh. That makes SO much sense!! Your yoga places look so peaceful! I want to go!
Post a Comment