Friday, November 13, 2009

Subaru. Love.


I was always a little skeptical of my friends who said, "I LOVE my Subaru!" I mean, people just raved about those cars. I thought to myself, "They must be brainwashed... I mean, seriously? A Subaru? Yeah, right."

Well, I love my Subaru. I know! Weird.

It's got nice lines. It's a pretty shape. It's not as hot as a new Camaro or anything, but it is a very pleasing-to-look-at car.

I LOVE the sunroof. It's HUGE! And it opens all the way back! Although it's not a convertible, it does let the sun shine in and the sky be easily visible while driving. I love to see the blue sky!

Heated seats are AWEsome! While the car doesn't have ice cold A/C or anything that makes it especially good in hot weather, it has lots of things that make me happy in cold weather!! (much more important for warm-weather-loving-me). Heated seats are my favorite! It also has a sunroof to heat up the car with sunlight, black leather seats, a very warm heater, amazing defoggers on the front, back, and SIDE VIEW MIRRORS! Uh-HUH!

This brings me to the drive. The most important part. It drives GREAT! The turbo is FAST! I think it's faster than my Miata! I LOVE it!! I take off from a stoplight, accelerate in front of traffic with no effort whatsoever, and am in fourth gear before I know it! The gear ratios are perfect!! First is small, just for takeoff. Second is for acceleration and up to 40-something. Third is long and lovely; fourth is dreamy; and fifth is cruisin'.

The all wheel drive makes it drive much smaller than it is. It has a tight turn ratio, great maneuverability - you would never know it's a wagon!

While passing people in traffic, I actually find myself emitting a spontaneous "WHEEEE..." This is a fun car!

Okay, maybe I have been brainwashed somehow. But I love my Subaru.

*Note: this post in no way diminishes my love for my former cars. The '68 Camaro and '00 Miata will forever be in my heart. I love you all!*

2 comments:

Tyne said...

Yes. I loved my subaru too. Super fun and great pick up. Doesn't hold very many car seats, though. Even the tribeca is a little petit for my haunkin fam.

mcrawley said...

Still miss racing my Subaru through the hills on national forest logging roads. They have always made great rally cars.