Monday, July 13, 2009

Life on Vacay


Check out one of the many active frogs that hang out on our windows at night!

Ahh, I just finished a great yoga class followed by a long walk to wear out the dogs. As they lay panting on the floor, I am enjoying a bottle of water and some fresh, plump, and very sweet blueberries.


Don't you just love it when Rob writes in the blog? I do! He he, Cold War II - This time those Ruskies are going down. he he.

I would like to elaborate on some of the things Rob wrote with my own "McKayish" take.

Check out my nifty blueberry cobbler I made for July 4! I'm a little proud. :-)


We've decided to embrace our forced stay in Panama City with wonderful results. It is a fabulous vacation spot after all and if one has to stay somewhere, this is the place to do it!! So, we're living in a luxurious house with a pool, within driving distance of more than one amazing beach, and soaking in the beautiful Florida sunshine, scenery, and scents (among the nice ones are sea, salt, sand, eucalyptus, flowers, and grass)

Our shopping trips to Destin are simply wonderful! As many of you know, my favorite pastime (one of) is looking at pretty things. Shopping definitely falls under that category. So, I gazed with awe at the wonder that is the Aldo shoe store, trying with much difficulty to determine which shoes I wanted to not only see on the shelf, but see on my foot. Eventually, I wrote a list and gave it to the clerk. She was very appreciative she didn't have to make multiple trips to the back. After much enjoyment with the delightful textures and colors that make up this shoe... (I tried it in leopard print and red straps (unavailable on the web))...


I ended up with this luscious piece of shoe candy...


As most of my new shoes are, these are my absolute favorite pair! They go with everything, look great, and are comfortable (for heels).

Additionally, the dress I got is a VERY awesome little black dress. It has halter straps that can be worn tied like a strapless dress, bandeau style behind the neck, or v-neck behind the neck - a very versatile piece for multiple occasions (yes, it's coming to Europe with me).



Rob enjoyed watching my shopping process: love everything in the store, gather best loves for try-on, enjoy try-on finding out how things look worn as opposed to displayed, pick favorite items, put everything back, look online at home for cheaper deals, reconsider my "need" for said items, decide these are the items on which I want to spend my shopping budget, return to store, re-try on items, reconsider "need", purchase items. It's a very long and involved process but, if followed, results in less than 1% regretted purchases. Guaranteed.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

that is almost exactly how i shop!!

tara said...

Your hubby needs to frame that bottom picture of you...it's such a 'you' facial expression:)