Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rob's 30th Birthday


So, for those of you who don't know, Friday we celebrated Rob's 30th birthday! Being in this lovely house, I was just itching to host a party! I planned a surprise birthday party complete with fancy cupcakes and even a pinata! It was so fun! Rob's parents came in town that weekend, so the celebration got to include them too! Here are some pictures. And yes, that's confetti we threw when Rob got home!

I made the adorable dessert hamburgers (originally from domestic goddess Shelby Jaedicke).


I also found a great recipe for the salted caramel cupcakes I had in Seaside! These are YUM!


Additionally, I made chocolate peanut butter cupcakes courtesy of Barefoot Contessa.

The cupcakes were all decorated beautifully by Rob's talented mother with the Jestice's great selection of decorating tools.

Heidi was the lookout.

Lynn made the basil watermelon coolers.

And Sarah was the "bun nazi" :-)

We even wore party hats!

Pinata time!

Yea, it's an X-Men pinata.

Dump truck full of candy!

Don't you wish you had a fun birthday party too? I do!

1 comment:

tara said...

After looking at your pictures, I am convinced we need to have more elaborate birthday parties!