Friday, February 25, 2011

I Kinda Like It Here

IMG_6557 

Who knew? But South Dakota is NICE! I haven’t minded the winter much at all! Sure, it’s cold, but people know it’s cold and it’s also a matter of having the right equipment.

Christmas gift exchanges were very heavy in the warm clothing category – I think our families must have felt sorry for us – or they at least knew we would appreciate it. I came back with, among other things, a down coat. Mmmmm. Now, I face the winter days with insulation and preparedness. MUCH better.

Plus, when it snows, it’s usually very sunny the next day! That means the snow is sparkly and white and drapes the drab winter under-colors in a fluffy frosting of bright white. I can usually wait until the warmest part of the day to shovel the sidewalk (that’s right, I shovel the sidewalk!) and often become pretty warm with the activity.

Plus, my super-nice neighbor has a snow blower that he loves to use and now that Rob’s gone, he makes sure to do the sidewalks in front of my house (and sometimes more!). Did I mention South Dakota has really nice people?

It’s been snowing this week and sitting in front of my bay window is like staring at a giant snow globe that’s just been turned right-side-up. It’s kinda nice.

Rob left earlier this week for his final training. I dove right in to more home improvement projects, mainly in the vein of decorating, but more on that later.

It’s certainly not nearly as fun without Rob around. He’s only my most favorite person in the entire world, so it’s an obvious given that life will not be quite as full. But I intend to make the best of it and first on the list is a cleaning/ organizing/ decorating campaign. Tasty.

I’m still teaching yoga, and more now that the owner of the studio is going through some medical stuff. I’m picking up a lot of slack and extra classes and not minding the additions to my schedule. I’ve got regulars and I love helping them progress! My teaching is constantly evolving and I’m loving it.

Although, I have decided I need a bit more socialization. I relish nights when Rob works late, so I’ve been getting my fill of eating light meals, watching lots of comedy, taking long baths, doing pedicures, decorating, and doing yoga. But as I filed our taxes and blogged on this Friday night, I realized I probably need to go out.

I shall begin filling my social calendar.

No comments: