Before and Afters for your enjoyment
Before
After
Before
After
Before
During
I LOVE DEMO! It is so gratifying! While Rob was at work, I relished in knocking the tiles off the walls and adored the sound they made as I hit them with the chisel and they “chink chink ker CHUNK” fell onto the floor! Rob relished in placing a hole where the new shower head would be – MUCH higher than it’s current “duck-your-head-to-shower” position!
While the furnace was being replaced, the workmen marveled as I brought down the sink, shower doors, and countertop.
We moved the old cabinet out and I realized how awesome Rob’s cabinetry work is!! He is AMAZING! I can’t wait to show off the finished product and say, “my husband MADE that!”
I began to pry up the floor (after I used my buddy the shopvac and cleared out the debris). The vinyl was coming up without much problem, but the 1/4” plywood it was glued to did NOT come up without a fight.
And this pile of debris in the living room has tripled in size since this photo and I only have one more trip to the landfill until I get another water bill. (I didn’t know I only got one per bill until AFTER I took two loads of styrofoam in my car! Oops!)
AND…
Here’s the concrete countertop! We (Rob) used our new concrete polisher (he had been using an angle grinder while we were still experimenting because it’s cheaper, but now we’re into the big time!) And the polisher is SMOOOTH! Rob was just gliding across the piece – thank you Moores for the polisher!
Before grinding
During
And After
We even made a backsplash!
And this piece is truly “green” too! We used sand made from glass acquired at the recycling center, broken glass from our own house, broken granite salvaged from a countertop place, a shell from the beach in Florida, and rocks picked up while hunting here in South Dakota!
The next step is to slurry the piece, filling in any holes or uneven surfaces. Then, a week of curing. Then, a really nice polish until it SHINES!
By that time, we hope to have the ordered cast iron tub installed (crossed fingers that we can maneuver it into place!), the new cabinet installed and painted, the floor tiled, and the new walls up.
I’m really hoping we get it done before Rob has to leave! I don’t want to live 9 months with a half-finished bath!
2 comments:
Wow! Those are amazing... y'all are get it done kind of people!
Your countertop process/products have become so professional looking! Good job!!!!
Post a Comment