Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hungry at the Commissary

It's so dangerous to be grocery shopping while hungry. Today, I was hungry in the commissary. Truly, the commissary is a wonderful place with a nice slice of organic products and a delightful selection of items from around the world to cater to the military personnel's tastes acquired overseas. Not initially hungry, the items in my cart stuck to the list until I got to the section at the end of the store - the bakery, cheeses, frozen foods area... This is what made its way into my cart that wasn't on the list: two Ben & Jerry's pints (Phish food and Creme Brulee), Blue Bell Moolinium Crunch, fresh baked kaiser rolls, applewood smoked gouda, and sparkling organic pear juice. I stopped myself before mint truffle filled hersey kisses jumped in my cart, but it was tough. When I got home, I had a stunning lunch of honeybaked deli ham on a fresh baked kaiser roll with dill havarti cheese (a tasty throw back to Wenonah's days), a few slices of smoked gouda, sparkling pear juice, and a taste of each Ben & Jerry's pint for dessert. It was awesome! I wish each one of you a delightful "wasn't on the list" post-grocery shopping meal too!

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

So funny, I almost bought Dill Havarti on my last grocery trip... next time I will and I will make that sandwich

marigirl said...

blog tag! you're it :) http://marispassportdiaries.blogspot.com/2008/11/tag-post.html

Ellen said...

I love reading your blog! I have to go shopping this week, and I'm so bad about those "not on the list" items...How's Florida? Sounds like you are loving it!